SWF Gathering 5 Feb 2022

[10:01] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome to Safe Waters Foundation weekly aquatic support gathering. My name is Miranda. I will be leading today’s meeting.
[10:01] Celtic Infinity: It’s been like this for at least a week.
[10:01] Celtic Infinity cheers for Miranda ???
[10:02] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome new and old aquatics and friends!
[10:02] Miranda Barrowstone: Safe waters foundation (SWF) is a not-for-profit group supporting the development of harmony and safety for merfolk and aquatics of second life, we bring together designers, retailers, sims, merrow, mermen, mermaids, siren, aquatics and lovers of same.
[10:02] Miranda Barrowstone: People seem to arrive late and depart early. Please don’t be offended but as leader I will try to keep the meeting going. We don’t repeat things for latecomers – a log is posted on our blog after the meeting. This is not a place for public debate – this is a helpful place. we all help each other slive an aquatic lifestyle.
[10:03] Miranda Barrowstone: Because we usually have good attendance – please take a moment to remove all extra attachments and huds. We’d like you to dress low lag. Big poofy hair and jewelry are big culprits, as are bubbles, script things, huds, and such. If we all cooperate, more merfolk can participate with less crashing. Thank you for your help with this.
[10:03] Miranda Barrowstone: so how was yer week seafolk?
[10:04] Dana Enyo: AMAZING
[10:04] Miranda Barrowstone: nice
[10:05] Celtic Infinity: It was good, thanks! How was yours, Miranda?
[10:05] Miranda Barrowstone: uneventful
[10:05] Dana Enyo: I made a little mer dance video and threw it up on Flickr. It’s had 185 views, about triple anything else I’ve ever put there. “Dream MerDance at Safe Waters Foundation”
[10:05] Miranda Barrowstone: thats awesome
[10:06] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Munin 🙂
[10:06] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): rawr
[10:06] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): le mlem bro
[10:06] Miranda Barrowstone: Tala Mu
[10:06] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala Munin 🙂
[10:07] GenevieveElizabeth Resident: Tala
[10:07] Miranda Barrowstone: Our priority today is support -we’re here to help each other.
[10:07] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala Eliza 🙂
[10:07] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Genevieve 🙂
[10:07] GenevieveElizabeth Resident: :):)
[10:08] Miranda Barrowstone: okay so the order is my introduction-done, introduce the new folks, sharing questions, ideas, and support to help each other-ie; tails, hair, bodies, AOs, requests, etc, PSAs and promotion of events, sales or what ever else needs to be shared, then I close us out with our goals, maybe a group hug and picture.
[10:08] Miranda Barrowstone: so here we go ?
[10:08] Miranda Barrowstone: Introductions
If you have brought someone new to this gathering, please introduce them now. If you are new and wish to introduce yourself please do so now.
just click on the podium to sit on it. you’ll need to be up here for everyone to hear you.
[10:08] [V/W] Treasure Chest: Thanks GenevieveElizabeth Resident, for your donation
[10:09] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle) blinks, “no stick!?” start to blubber
[10:09] Miranda Barrowstone: A very short sentence is all that is needed – for example: hi, I am (your name) and I discovered aquatics (brief description of how you found us) and what I love about being aquatic is (explain here).
[10:09] Miranda Barrowstone hands Mu a 4 foot long chewie
[10:10] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): rawrs!
[10:10] Marion698 Resident: tala munin:)
[10:10] Miranda Barrowstone: any one new? looks around
[10:10] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): im ooold
[10:11] Miranda Barrowstone: okay just haven’t seen you in a while then
[10:11] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): nope indeed
[10:11] Miranda Barrowstone: alrighty then.
[10:11] Miranda Barrowstone: Let’s move on to next part of this meeting.
[10:12] Miranda Barrowstone: Questions and support requests
Now – what general questions can we discuss here today? Where do our aquatics need help? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[10:12] Miranda Barrowstone: When you are called on (and given our invisible talking stick) please swim up to this podium (so people can see you to im if needed) and share (very briefly and preferable in two or three sentences typed in advance as our meeting time is limited)
[10:13] Miranda Barrowstone: If you would like to ask question or put forth support ideas – please im me now.
[10:13] Miranda Barrowstone: Some discussion is great – but please quickly offer to give a notecard or landmark if people will im you (that’s why we ask you to move to the podium ) so that others will have a turn. When you have finished please pass the imaginary talking stick back to me.
[10:14] Miranda Barrowstone: Our priority here is helping newer mers and aquatics – so please if you are new and with questions – please feel free to speak up. I do lead strongly because otherwise we tend to move to chaos – but we all try to remember the priority – mer helping mer be mer.
[10:14] Miranda Barrowstone: anything? ideas to discuss?
[10:15] Miranda Barrowstone: if not we can move on to psa and promotions…
[10:15] Gabrielle de Lys (malagabi Resident) is online.
[10:15] Miranda Barrowstone: quick reminder
[10:15] Miranda Barrowstone: Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board.
[10:16] Miranda Barrowstone: Perks include helping the group and being allowed to post ads in the group twice a day. Add in the fact that anyone can ask for the stick and that is great exposure.
[10:16] Miranda Barrowstone: You might also consider being a hang out.
[10:16] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): Sis is large enough to be a hangout. . .
[10:17] Miranda Barrowstone: Please also check our mer-mall just past the headquarters. space available and lots of great things.
[10:17] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): xD
[10:17] Jamarion (JM Lavendel) is online.
[10:17] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): bro always hangs out on me
[10:17] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Hiroko! Goodness, you look amazing!!!
[10:17] Miranda Barrowstone: Be sure to visit the safe waters foundation web site and event calendar at http://www.safewatersfoundation.com/#home
[10:17] Hiroko Nubalo: Everyone
[10:17] Hiroko Nubalo Greets you
[10:17] Hiroko Nubalo: >><>TalaOo
[10:17] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala Hiroko
[10:17] Miranda Barrowstone: tala welcome
[10:18] Miranda Barrowstone: so withut further ado, Jewel the stick is yours
[10:18] Marion698 Resident: tala hiroko:)
[10:18] Celtic Infinity claps for Jewel
[10:18] Marion698 Resident: claps for Jewel too
[10:18] JewelMermaid Resident: Tala everyone, I am one of the concierge leaders, and we are always looking for new mers to be concierges. we need concierges to greet newcomers and newbies here at SWF HQ,

Its a good way to meet newbies, and hang out with other mers and seafolk, we also work at various events throughout the calendar. If you are interested in joining please IM me.

There will be a concierge meeting tomorrow at 10am here. I hope some of you can attend to find out more.

thanks everyone
[10:19] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you. any questions for Jewel?
[10:20] Miranda Barrowstone: if not, Tama yer up
[10:20] Celtic Infinity claps for Tama
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala everyone, i’m Tamar i’m a mermaid from long time
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): i’m a slo an SL sailor
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): do some siling races sometime
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): would like everyone share a nice new mermaid bra in found on MP
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): some regions are not moderate, so often we need to wear a bra
[10:22] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): i found, past days, this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PFCSirens-bra/11471844
[10:22] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): i’m wearing a copy now
[10:22] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): hope it can be usefull for everyone for the mer outfit
[10:23] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): and sorry for my english, it is not my language 🙂
[10:23] Celtic Infinity: Thank you, Tama!
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone claps
[10:23] Celtic Infinity: You’re doing great, Tama! 🙂
[10:23] Dana Enyo: TY Tama!
[10:23] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): 🙂
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone: ~Persu Em~
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone: Thank you
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone: Tama
[10:23] Marion698 Resident: claps
[10:24] Miranda Barrowstone: would anyon else like to share?
[10:25] Miranda Barrowstone: ok I’ll take that as a no…
[10:25] Miranda Barrowstone: Tala I’m Miranda and I come from Antiquity.
we have 16 sims to swim through, homes available, shopping spaces, mer spots, and active groups.
[10:25] Miranda Barrowstone: We are inclusive, furries, humans, kids etc are welcome with open arms, we allow for merfolk toplessness underwater,
[10:26] Celtic Infinity cheers for Miranda
[10:26] Miranda Barrowstone: but we’re careful around humans because I’ve seen people faint at the sight of an ankle, which we established is around the fluke. yes humans are weird
[10:26] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): cheers 🙂
[10:26] Miranda Barrowstone: we have a system called TCS. its a craft/trade/rp system that allows you to trade goods with other mers or landers. You can harvest and create things.
[10:26] Miranda Barrowstone: still looking for mer animatrs
[10:27] Miranda Barrowstone: so if you know anyone, have questions, or need lms please shoot me an im. Persu em ?
[10:28] Celtic Infinity: mermanimators
[10:28] Celtic Infinity: mernimators
[10:28] Miranda Barrowstone: we have time would anyone like to engage in mild chaos?
[10:28] Dana Enyo: Sure! Like what?
[10:28] Miranda Barrowstone: anyone have plans for this week?
[10:29] Dana Enyo: It’s the kickoff week of Relay for Life. Started 30 minutes ago!
[10:29] Miranda Barrowstone: ooh right.
[10:30] Dana Enyo: and if you’re not sure what a big deal that is, last year RfL in SL raised US$416,000.
[10:30] Miranda Barrowstone: I donated a bed to that once on my fairy alt
[10:30] Dana Enyo: LOTS going on from now until Relay weekend June 18-19
[10:30] Hiroko Nubalo: Applause!!!
[10:30] Miranda Barrowstone: fantasy fair is a big thing
[10:30] Dana Enyo: Great! I have some donated items in the Fashion Fair that begins in 90 minutes. It’s all legged, tho.
[10:31] Dana Enyo: This is FASHION Fair. Way smaller than Fantasy Fair, which is among the biggest donor events for RfL.
[10:32] Miranda Barrowstone: a lot of sims have a story going on and at least one that I know of incorprates a super drive in the climax of the story
[10:32] Dana Enyo: A 2 week sale event run by the Seekers of Hope team.
[10:32] Dana Enyo: That’s great, Miranda.
[10:32] Miranda Barrowstone: I wonder wgat the story will be this year
[10:33] Hiroko Nubalo: Question?
[10:33] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Lusa Em everyone, my two rl men (little and adult one) need my presence 🙂 . See you next meeting 🙂
[10:33] Miranda Barrowstone: pretty sure swf would be doing something for it. normally do but I’m not in charge of that.
[10:33] Dana Enyo: Bye Tama!
[10:33] Celtic Infinity: Lusa em!
[10:34] Bernice Galtier: ?.•:…Lusa em…:•.?
[10:34] Miranda Barrowstone: lusa em thanks for comming
[10:34] Hiroko Nubalo: Raises her fin…Dana?
[10:34] Dana Enyo: Yes?
[10:35] Hiroko Nubalo: Does RFL, or the seeker of Hope distribute donation boxes around SL?..i would like one at my Submerged Gallery, and maybe other sea sims would too?
[10:36] Miranda Barrowstone: thats lovely
[10:36] Dana Enyo: I don’t know how all that works yet. it would not come directly from RfL; everything gets done by teams.
[10:36] Dana Enyo: I can ask our team leader if I can place a kiosk in your gallery.
[10:36] Hiroko Nubalo: Terrif!!!…keep me posted…:)
[10:37] Dana Enyo: I”ll be putting either donation kiosks or “100% donated to RFL” vendors them in my shops.
[10:37] Dana Enyo: and I’ll have at least one “all proceeds to RfL” week in my Marketplace.
[10:38] Dana Enyo: Lost family to cancer years ago; have friends dealing with it now. I”m motivated.
[10:38] Miranda Barrowstone: oh thats awesome
[10:38] Miranda Barrowstone: thats sad
[10:38] Celtic Infinity: 🙁
[10:39] Dana Enyo: “Until there’s a cure, we Relay.”
[10:39] Miranda Barrowstone: sorry for your lss
[10:39] Miranda Barrowstone: loss*
[10:39] Hiroko Nubalo: yes, sry for loss
[10:39] Hiroko Nubalo: Miranda?…didnt SWF hold an RFL event last summer, and SLCL cosponsor?..maybe we can do it again?
[10:39] Miranda Barrowstone: so this is a god share. a nice discussion on RFL
[10:39] Dana Enyo: TY. It’s a long time; not to worry. But let’s make some money and beat this thing.
[10:40] Miranda Barrowstone: I believe we do but I’m not in charge of it
[10:40] Dana Enyo: SWF is not on the list for this year, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be.
[10:40] Miranda Barrowstone: Chicky would probably be the bestr person to ask.
[10:40] Dana Enyo: All info is HERE: https://secure.acsevents.org/site/STR?pg=entry&fr_id=101748
[10:41] JewelMermaid Resident: i have an LM for a place with free whale jewelry if anyone wants it
[10:41] Miranda Barrowstone: I’ll send it to Chicky
[10:41] JewelMermaid Resident: it has lots of jewelry, also narwhal jewelry
[10:41] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): Lusa Em all
[10:41] Miranda Barrowstone: lusa em Mu
[10:41] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): lusa em 🙂
[10:41] Hiroko Nubalo: LUVS whales…our protectors!!
[10:42] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): miranda persu em for leading
[10:43] PegasusTony (AntonioMFNab Resident): Tala everybody
[10:43] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Tony 🙂
[10:43] Miranda Barrowstone: ok sent ?
[10:43] Miranda Barrowstone: tala
[10:44] Miranda Barrowstone: okay how about we adjorn?
[10:44] Marion698 Resident: yep
[10:45] Miranda Barrowstone: At end

This meeting is now adjourned. Remember our SWF goals:

  • to assist those considering an underwater life
  • to increase awareness in the general public that there is an underwater option
  • to make mer resources (events, projects, groups, retailers, sims, designers) visible and easily accessible
  • to assist, as possible, with the viability of mer resources so they may continue to be available to the community
  • to promote the conservation of rl oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them

Now go mingle and explore! Thanks for joining us this day!!

SWF Gathering 4 Dec 2021

[2021/12/04 10:01] Sapphira Franizzi: do make yourselves comfortable, everymer =^-^= we shall begin… right about… now, I think!
[2021/12/04 10:01] Celtic Infinity cheers for Fina! ?
[2021/12/04 10:01] Sapphira Franizzi: Welcome to Safe Waters Foundation’s weekly aquatic gathering. I’m Fina, one of SWF’s resident mercats (no, I’m not the only one) and I’ve been asked to stand in to lead today. =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:01] Marion698: °?°
[2021/12/04 10:01] Marion698: tala sparktalon
[2021/12/04 10:01] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): again
[2021/12/04 10:02] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): because Miranda has shenanigans with her schedule
[2021/12/04 10:02] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Schedule Schenanigans (TM)
[2021/12/04 10:02] Celtic Infinity cheers for Miranda in absentia
[2021/12/04 10:02] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ???? APPAWS! ????
[2021/12/04 10:02] Sapphira Franizzi: cheers for Miranda too
[2021/12/04 10:02] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mew~
[2021/12/04 10:02] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Peaches =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:02] Marion698: tala peaches:)
[2021/12/04 10:02] Sapphira Franizzi: /2 We have a new format (which is not really that new anymore =^-^=) so – without further ado,
[2021/12/04 10:03] Celtic Infinity huggles Peaches
[2021/12/04 10:03] Peaches2U Camino: 😀
[2021/12/04 10:03] Dragon (cheezydave): We have had a new format now for 2 years
[2021/12/04 10:03] Peaches2U Camino: HUGGLES CELTIC!!
[2021/12/04 10:03] Sapphira Franizzi: Welcome new and old aquatics and friends!
[2021/12/04 10:03] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): sebby’s coming
[2021/12/04 10:03] Celtic Infinity smiles and squeals
[2021/12/04 10:03] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Sebby!
[2021/12/04 10:03] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Sebastian 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:03] Sapphira Franizzi: Safe Waters Foundation (SWF) is a not-for-profit group for merfolk and aquatics of SecondLife. We bring together designers, retailers, sim owners and managers, as well as merrow, mermen, mermaids, siren, aquatics and lovers of the same. (Including those perverted pirates – we’re all-inclusive! =^-^=)
[2021/12/04 10:03] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) sneaks in
[2021/12/04 10:03] Peaches2U Camino: yaaaaaaay
[2021/12/04 10:03] Bernice Galtier: Oooo very sharp, Sebastian
[2021/12/04 10:03] Peaches2U Camino: snuck in right before ya
[2021/12/04 10:04] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): thanks Bernie
[2021/12/04 10:04] Sapphira Franizzi: Unfortunately, we don’t have time to repeat for those who arrive late and/or depart early,
[2021/12/04 10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) gives Dana a LOOK
[2021/12/04 10:04] Marion698: tala sebastian
[2021/12/04 10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:04] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Tala 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): eep
[2021/12/04 10:04] Celtic Infinity: 😀
[2021/12/04 10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I looked her into poofing!
[2021/12/04 10:05] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): eep eep eep
[2021/12/04 10:05] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:05] Celtic Infinity: You’re dangerous!
[2021/12/04 10:05] Sapphira Franizzi: …but that’s okay, we post a meeting log on our website later – that would be http://www.safewatersfoundation.com – remember, our motto is Mer helping aquatics be dragons! Oh wait…
[2021/12/04 10:05] Sapphira Franizzi shuffles her script and looks confused
[2021/12/04 10:05] Dragon (cheezydave): Dragons? Me?
[2021/12/04 10:05] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): (and also I shoulda let Dana know our meeting notes are a liiiiiittle not very up to date
[2021/12/04 10:06] Sapphira Franizzi: De-lagging: Because we usually have good attendance, it would be ace if you could remove extra attachments and HUDs, such as big poofy hair with resizers still in them, scripted weapons, bitcoin miners, griefer HUDs, bling jewellery from 2009 etc…
[2021/12/04 10:06] Dragon (cheezydave): steps back
[2021/12/04 10:06] Sapphira Franizzi: Also, for best results, it is recommended to select the ‘Up ‘n over’ animation, if you are sitting on one of the single shell seats. It has been proven to reduce lag! (I think)
[2021/12/04 10:06] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) buys all my bling jewellery from Q-V-Sea
[2021/12/04 10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) hopes it doesn’t have a billion complexity
[2021/12/04 10:07] Sapphira Franizzi: So without further ado, let’s do everyone’s favorite part of the meeting!
[2021/12/04 10:07] Sapphira Franizzi: /shout HOW WAS YOUR WEEK, SEAFOLK?????
[2021/12/04 10:07] Celtic Infinity: It was great, thanks! How was yours, Fina?
[2021/12/04 10:07] Peaches2U Camino: GANG HUGGLE FINA
[2021/12/04 10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) points the talking stick at the audience like a microphone =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mewwwww~
[2021/12/04 10:07] Celtic Infinity huggles Fina
[2021/12/04 10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) huggles and purrs happily =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:08] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): My week didnt have enough Fina in it 😛
[2021/12/04 10:08] Peaches2U Camino: Awwww ªª [2021/12/04 10:08] Celtic Infinity: Who’s does, Sebastian? [2021/12/04 10:08] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): =^-^= [2021/12/04 10:08] Peaches2U Camino says in mermish Nulma [2021/12/04 10:08] Peaches2U Camino: Nulma (NOOL-mah): Love my new job [2021/12/04 10:08] Peaches2U Camino: they are spoiling me [2021/12/04 10:08] Celtic Infinity cheers for Fina [2021/12/04 10:08] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,,.-:'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[2021/12/04 10:08] Peaches2U Camino: had sushi for the first time!
[2021/12/04 10:08] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): wanna tell us more?
[2021/12/04 10:08] Celtic Infinity cheers for Peaches
[2021/12/04 10:08] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) shoves the talking stick imaginarily to Peaches =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:09] Peaches2U Camino: its part time, but its awesome
[2021/12/04 10:09] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[2021/12/04 10:09] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ~YAY!!! \ (@o@)/ / YAY!!!~
[2021/12/04 10:09] Peaches2U Camino: i get to help peeps and be myself 😀
[2021/12/04 10:09] Peaches2U Camino: ohhh reception desk job 😀
[2021/12/04 10:09] Celtic Infinity: Yay, Peaches! That’s awesome!
[2021/12/04 10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): yay! nu shitty managers and stuff?
[2021/12/04 10:10] Peaches2U Camino: nope, but that former job boss keeps calling to get me back
[2021/12/04 10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): do they has catnip?
[2021/12/04 10:10] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): do you have a wheely chair that accomodates your fin space?
[2021/12/04 10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): oo
[2021/12/04 10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): yew can tell him
[2021/12/04 10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): him or her?
[2021/12/04 10:11] Peaches2U Camino: her
[2021/12/04 10:11] Peaches2U Camino: lolol
[2021/12/04 10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tell her to take this talking stick
[2021/12/04 10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): and shove it… uh…
[2021/12/04 10:11] Peaches2U Camino: they have wheelchair access
[2021/12/04 10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): somewhere safe =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:11] Peaches2U Camino: hahahaha
[2021/12/04 10:11] Dragon (cheezydave): Its still an Invisible Talking stick?
[2021/12/04 10:11] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): oh I meant one of those chairs with the little wheels on
[2021/12/04 10:11] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): that oyu can spin
[2021/12/04 10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): yes it is invisible, Dragon
[2021/12/04 10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): but… it can be as biiiiiiig as you want it to be =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:12] Peaches2U Camino: yup, passes it back to Fina
[2021/12/04 10:12] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) shuffles her script a bit
[2021/12/04 10:12] Peaches2U Camino: 😀
[2021/12/04 10:12] Sapphira Franizzi: Our priority today is SUPPORT – mers helping aquatics – dragons helping pirates.
[2021/12/04 10:12] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): or something.
[2021/12/04 10:12] Sapphira Franizzi: Today’s meeting agenda will be as usual:

1) Opening of meeting (done)

2) Introduction of new folks who wish to be introduced

3) Sharing of questions and support requests

4) Sharing of public service announcements

5) Closing and reminder of SWF goals
[2021/12/04 10:13] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) twirls the talking stick like a band drum major =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:13] Sapphira Franizzi: We have an invisible, imaginary talking stick which we roleplay with for parts 3 and 4 of the meeting. For those, IM me – at any time, even before the section is announced is okay – and I will set you up in the order of speakers.
[2021/12/04 10:13] Peaches2U Camino: lolol
[2021/12/04 10:13] Sapphira Franizzi: INTRODUCTIONS

Do we have any new merfolk? If you are new, say hi! No need for IMs or speakers order, just a few words will do. We’re interested to know maybe…
[2021/12/04 10:13] Sapphira Franizzi: how you found SWF?
[2021/12/04 10:13] Sapphira Franizzi: Is there anything you love about being aquatic?
[2021/12/04 10:14] Sapphira Franizzi: What’s your favorite food – mine’s shrimpie snacks btw, and Antiquity’s kelp cakes are also bomb! Oh wait… I digress =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:14] Sapphira Franizzi: If any of you have brought a guest with you today, yay! You can also introduce them, if they’re okay with it. If you’re shy and don’t prefer the spotlight, that’s okay too. Some of us prefer to just come and chill out in the company of their fellow aquatics… =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) takes the talking stick and swims round a bit, looking to see who looks noob – I mean, new =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:15] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) wears a prim and raises had… Im noob
[2021/12/04 10:16] Dragon (cheezydave): lol
[2021/12/04 10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala and pleased to meet you Sebby! Tell us – what’s your favorite thing about being aquatic?
[2021/12/04 10:16] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): not drowning in the sea
[2021/12/04 10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,_,.-:'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[2021/12/04 10:16] Celtic Infinity: 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): always awesome (and underappreciated!)
[2021/12/04 10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies I’m going on =^-^= these past few weeks are holiday weeks, so…
[2021/12/04 10:17] Sapphira Franizzi: QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT REQUESTS

This next part is for questions and support requests, such as general questions. (How do merfolk make babies? Any RP sims for merfolk? How do I get my pirate lover to like kelp?) If you have a question you wish to share, IM me, and I will pass you the talking stick when it is your turn!
[2021/12/04 10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): or just call out in local, idc
[2021/12/04 10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): The person who holds the talking stick is vested the power to speak, and all shall listen attentively. =^-^= Those who have more knowledge or experience are welcome to contribute. Unfortunately our meeting time is not unlimited – while discussion is great, I’ll nudge the meeting along if needed.
[2021/12/04 10:18] Sapphira Franizzi: You may swim up to the scratching post – I mean podium – or just right click and sit on it. If you want to stay in your seat, that’s perfectly fine as well!
[2021/12/04 10:18] Celtic Infinity: 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:19] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Drakos 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Drakos
[2021/12/04 10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): omgah Dragon’s twinsies
[2021/12/04 10:19] drákos (kraken.darkheart): ¨‘°ºO Tala Oº°‘¨
[2021/12/04 10:19] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Thought I was already here lol
[2021/12/04 10:19] Peaches2U Camino: wooooooot
[2021/12/04 10:20] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ever had a time where you check out, but you’re still checked in, and then check in again, and then there’s two of you…
[2021/12/04 10:20] Marion698: tala drakos
[2021/12/04 10:20] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) doubts she’s making sense but ehh =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:21] Peaches2U Camino: if only i could do that in rl
[2021/12/04 10:21] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okay seems there’s no questions, so…. I’ll move on =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:21] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): OH I WISH I COULD HAVE AN ALT IN RL
[2021/12/04 10:21] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): double the productivity!
[2021/12/04 10:21] Marion698: me tooo!
[2021/12/04 10:21] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): double the noms!
[2021/12/04 10:21] Celtic Infinity: heehee
[2021/12/04 10:21] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): double the backstabbing and drama… oh wait
[2021/12/04 10:22] Peaches2U Camino: $LoL$
[2021/12/04 10:22] Sloan Vaughn: double yur pleasure, double yur fun? jk
[2021/12/04 10:22] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Double the Jealousy?
[2021/12/04 10:22] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): usually scifi etc stories of people having a double… don’t usually end well =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:22] drákos (kraken.darkheart): anyways
[2021/12/04 10:22] drákos (kraken.darkheart): ¨‘°ºO Tala Oº°‘¨ Ms Marion
[2021/12/04 10:22] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): anyways PSA’s
[2021/12/04 10:22] Sapphira Franizzi: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

This section is for anyone with publicity, or anything fun to share! New store? New sim? Upcoming event? News? Shrimpie recipes? IM me and I will give you the talking stick!
[2021/12/04 10:23] Sapphira Franizzi: For the best and smoothest meeting, keep the announcement brief if possible. If you have a notecard, landmark etc ready to share, even better – you can offer to give them out to any interested parties who IM you, for example.
[2021/12/04 10:23] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if you wants to be EXTREEMLY fast and professional, Miranda suggests (but is not a must) pre-typing your announcement
[2021/12/04 10:24] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) scratches the podium for a bit =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:25] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) looks at her claws and seems satisfied =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:25] Peaches2U Camino: giggles
[2021/12/04 10:25] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okay I have one announcement, before the boring – I MEAN routine ones
[2021/12/04 10:25] Bernice Galtier: Can’t somebody do something about that cat?
[2021/12/04 10:25] drákos (kraken.darkheart) folds his tentacles away
[2021/12/04 10:25] Peaches2U Camino: nope
[2021/12/04 10:25] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) looks innocently at Bernice
[2021/12/04 10:26] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): but but but… I didn’t do nuffink.
[2021/12/04 10:26] Peaches2U Camino: ^^
[2021/12/04 10:26] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Ohora!
[2021/12/04 10:26] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Ohora 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:26] drákos (kraken.darkheart): ¨‘°ºO Tala Oº°‘¨ Ohora
[2021/12/04 10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): we’re at announcements – if you have something for the group, let me know!
[2021/12/04 10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) flips her script
[2021/12/04 10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Every Tuesday 12-2pm, Creations Park holds a mer costume party and contest. We have two lovely performers, Arisia Vita on piano and Lifearose singing.
[2021/12/04 10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): We’ve also recently started running trivia during this event. Creations Park is partnered with Team Fox (the Michael J Fox Foundation), and all donations go towards research for Parkinson’s Disease.
[2021/12/04 10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): This coming Tuesday’s theme is “Winter Wondersea”. If you are free then, hope to see you there! LMs available for any interested on request (IM me)! =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:28] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Jewel 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:28] JewelMermaid: tala everyone
[2021/12/04 10:28] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): (we also has an adboard up, which you can get details from there)
[2021/12/04 10:28] Marion698: tala jewel:)
[2021/12/04 10:28] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Tala everyone
[2021/12/04 10:28] drákos (kraken.darkheart): ¨‘°ºO Tala Oº°‘¨ Jewel
[2021/12/04 10:28] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Jewel!
[2021/12/04 10:28] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): we’re at announcements, let me know if you have any
[2021/12/04 10:29] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Please pardon my lateness
[2021/12/04 10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if not, I’ll go to the boring – I MEAN ROUTINE ANNOUNCEMENTS
[2021/12/04 10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): hey not at all Ohora, don’t worry =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:29] Sapphira Franizzi: ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board.
[2021/12/04 10:29] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): I would like to say something
[2021/12/04 10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ooh okies
[2021/12/04 10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,_,.-:'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[2021/12/04 10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ???? APPAWS! ????
[2021/12/04 10:29] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): but its nothing big
[2021/12/04 10:29] Peaches2U Camino: woooooooot
[2021/12/04 10:30] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) launches the talking stick at Sebby like a javelin
[2021/12/04 10:30] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): I was swimming over in Fancis deep and saw the new hub that Drakos was talking about last week and its looking really nice 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:30] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ~YAY!!! \ (@o@)/ / YAY!!!~
[2021/12/04 10:30] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[2021/12/04 10:30] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): so just wanted to say people should check out over there if they have time
[2021/12/04 10:30] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) hurls the stick back to Fina
[2021/12/04 10:31] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Thank you Sebastian. Its still Work in Progress 🙂 hopefully this week it should be comeplete
[2021/12/04 10:31] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Cool!
[2021/12/04 10:31] drákos (kraken.darkheart): ;0
[2021/12/04 10:31] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) tries to catch it but it sails over her head, so she takes off in hot pursuit
[2021/12/04 10:31] Sapphira Franizzi: okay this just in… we have another speaker!
[2021/12/04 10:31] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Applause!!
[2021/12/04 10:31] Sapphira Franizzi: please put your fins together for….
[2021/12/04 10:31] Sapphira Franizzi: JEWEL!!!!
[2021/12/04 10:31] Celtic Infinity claps for Jewel
[2021/12/04 10:32] Peaches2U Camino: she is a GEM!!!!!!!
[2021/12/04 10:32] Peaches2U Camino: Wooooooot
[2021/12/04 10:32] JewelMermaid: Tala everyone, I am one of the concierge leaders, and we are always looking for new mers to be concierges. we need concierges to greet newcomers and newbies here at SWF HQ,

Its a good way to meet newbies, and hang out with other mers and seafolk, we also work at various events throughout the calendar. If you are interested in joining please IM me.

thanks
[2021/12/04 10:32] JewelMermaid: 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:32] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ???? APPAWS! ????
[2021/12/04 10:33] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[2021/12/04 10:33] Sapphira Franizzi: oh remember what I said about pre-typing your announcement?
[2021/12/04 10:33] Sapphira Franizzi turns to Jewel and gives her a thumbs up =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:33] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Does this mean there will be new homes at Fanci’s Deep? Just wondering
[2021/12/04 10:33] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): PROFESSIONAL! =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:33] Peaches2U Camino: thumgs up!!
[2021/12/04 10:33] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): hmm
[2021/12/04 10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) glances at Drakos
[2021/12/04 10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I don’t have that info… does anyone?
[2021/12/04 10:34] drákos (kraken.darkheart): No that is not in my control unfortunately
[2021/12/04 10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Awwww ªª [2021/12/04 10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies [2021/12/04 10:34] drákos (kraken.darkheart): I would love to have new homes here [2021/12/04 10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot *** [2021/12/04 10:35] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mebbes might happen in the future, who knows [2021/12/04 10:35] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Grace/Chicky would probably be best to answer that [2021/12/04 10:35] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) leans over and whispers [2021/12/04 10:35] Peaches2U Camino: we could check the rentboard in the mall and see if any are available now [2021/12/04 10:35] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): see if you can convince them that it’s good income… =^-^= [2021/12/04 10:36] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): or if you next see Grace or Chicky online! [2021/12/04 10:36] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Oh I have already. I make sure no parcel remains empty for more than a few hours [2021/12/04 10:36] Bernice Galtier: There used to be more, but for some reason they got rid of a region. I think only one. [2021/12/04 10:36] Sapphira Franizzi: tune in to SWF for Grace Gather, every Wednesday 430pm SLT! (I think) [2021/12/04 10:36] Peaches2U Camino: oh my gosh! [2021/12/04 10:37] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies if no other announcements, I just do my routines [2021/12/04 10:37] Peaches2U Camino: that might be because of rl finances [2021/12/04 10:37] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): and then we can go for cawfee and shrimpies [2021/12/04 10:37] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): oh it almost certainly is [2021/12/04 10:37] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): sims are expensive [2021/12/04 10:37] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): anyway here goes! [2021/12/04 10:37] Sapphira Franizzi: Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board. [2021/12/04 10:37] Sapphira Franizzi: Perks include helping the group and being allowed to post ads in the group twice a day. Add in the fact that anyone can ask for the stick and that is great exposure. [2021/12/04 10:38] Sapphira Franizzi: You might also consider being a hang out. Munin and Vokun are two of the best hang outs in SWF. [2021/12/04 10:38] Celtic Infinity: 🙂 [2021/12/04 10:38] Sapphira Franizzi: Please also check our mer-mall just past the headquarters. store space available and lots of great things. [2021/12/04 10:38] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Not that I need a new underwater home since my little island home is a short swim from here [2021/12/04 10:39] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): always nice to look [2021/12/04 10:39] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ackshually… [2021/12/04 10:39] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): does Creations Park have rentals? [2021/12/04 10:39] Sapphira Franizzi: Last but NOT least, be sure to visit the Safe Waters Foundation web site and event calendar at http://www.safewatersfoundation.com [2021/12/04 10:40] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): our web-MER-stress Dana (whom I made poof with my laser eyes) has really worked hard to streamline it [2021/12/04 10:41] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): And I made a a small underwater area under my island [2021/12/04 10:41] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ooh [2021/12/04 10:41] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): is it open to public? [2021/12/04 10:41] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Creations does have rentals [2021/12/04 10:42] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Creations is very nice (WARNING: SHAMELESS PLUG DETECTED) but I think it’s not adjoining to neighboring seas [2021/12/04 10:42] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Sure all are welcome at my island [2021/12/04 10:42] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): yes its a sole island [2021/12/04 10:42] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): yay!! do you wanna tell us more about it? [2021/12/04 10:43] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if not it’s okay [2021/12/04 10:43] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Sure [2021/12/04 10:43] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,,.-:'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[2021/12/04 10:43] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) floats the talking stick to Ohoora
[2021/12/04 10:43] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Ohora
[2021/12/04 10:43] Peaches2U Camino: woooooooty woooooot
[2021/12/04 10:43] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): the scratching post is yours!
[2021/12/04 10:43] Celtic Infinity claps for Ohora
[2021/12/04 10:44] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): It’s unofficially called Little mermaid Island
[2021/12/04 10:45] Peaches2U Camino: coolness
[2021/12/04 10:45] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): 😀
[2021/12/04 10:45] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ~YAY!!! \ (@o@)/ / YAY!!!~
[2021/12/04 10:45] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): There is a mer dance ball
[2021/12/04 10:46] drákos (kraken.darkheart): and its just 100 meters from here I think. in Blake Tortuga
[2021/12/04 10:46] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Lots of free coffee
[2021/12/04 10:46] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): OHHH MYY GAHHH
[2021/12/04 10:46] Peaches2U Camino: that is an excellent location!
[2021/12/04 10:46] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): CAWFEE
[2021/12/04 10:46] Marion698: yes indeed!
[2021/12/04 10:46] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): can we all go there after meeting?
[2021/12/04 10:46] Marion698: yep
[2021/12/04 10:46] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): And beautiful tropical foliage
[2021/12/04 10:46] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[2021/12/04 10:47] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): and even a small house for any non aquatic friends
[2021/12/04 10:48] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,_,.-:'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[2021/12/04 10:48] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Sure just follow me after the meeting
[2021/12/04 10:49] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ???? APPAWS! ????
[2021/12/04 10:49] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mebbes I can add
[2021/12/04 10:49] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): IM Ohora for details or LM =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:49] Celtic Infinity cheers Ohora
[2021/12/04 10:49] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): for those who want to visit later
[2021/12/04 10:49] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): (like me, I might need to hop off after)
[2021/12/04 10:50] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): The talking stick is up for grabs
[2021/12/04 10:50] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies we’re actually on track to end almost on time
[2021/12/04 10:50] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): anyone has any other biznits? if not we’ll wrap up
[2021/12/04 10:50] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): like one of Antiquity’s seaweed wraps
[2021/12/04 10:50] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): /throws stick
[2021/12/04 10:51] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) catches stick like a merdog(????) and nibbles it
[2021/12/04 10:51] Sapphira Franizzi: This meeting is now adjourned. Remember our SWF goals:

  • to assist those considering an underwater life
  • to increase awareness in the general public that there is an underwater option
  • to make mer resources (events, projects, groups, retailers, sims, designers) visible and easily accessible
  • to assist, as possible, with the viability of mer resources so they may continue to be available to the community
  • to promote the conservation of rl oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them
    [2021/12/04 10:51] Peaches2U Camino: hahahahah
    [2021/12/04 10:51] Celtic Infinity: Thank you, Fina!!!???
    [2021/12/04 10:51] Peaches2U Camino: Good Job Fina!!
    [2021/12/04 10:51] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) scratches the podium
    [2021/12/04 10:52] Peaches2U Camino: Awwww ª_ª
    [2021/12/04 10:52] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mew~
    [2021/12/04 10:52] Celtic Infinity huggles Fina and Peaches tight
    [2021/12/04 10:52] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mrrrrrrrrp~
    [2021/12/04 10:52] Peaches2U Camino: huggles Fina and Celtic
    211204 Gathering

[2021/12/04 10:52] Peaches2U Camino: life is goooooood
[2021/12/04 10:52] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) huggles Sebby =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:52] Peaches2U Camino: hahahah
[2021/12/04 10:52] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) thinks about sending Miranda a message… bring new podium next week
[2021/12/04 10:52] Peaches2U Camino: she is getting her hugs in!
[2021/12/04 10:52] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) huggles Fina
[2021/12/04 10:52] JewelMermaid: lol
[2021/12/04 10:53] Celtic Infinity: Take care and have a great day, everyone!! 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:53] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): just get her to
[2021/12/04 10:53] Peaches2U Camino: you too
[2021/12/04 10:53] Peaches2U Camino: 😀
[2021/12/04 10:53] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): wrap kelp rope around it
[2021/12/04 10:53] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): or something
[2021/12/04 10:53] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): By e Celtic
[2021/12/04 10:53] Sparktalon: Take care, and have a great weekend, everybody
[2021/12/04 10:53] Bernice Galtier: Get a stainless steel podium.
[2021/12/04 10:53] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Nuuuuuuu!
[2021/12/04 10:53] Peaches2U Camino: hahahahahahah
[2021/12/04 10:53] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): dat NASTY
[2021/12/04 10:53] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): bye Sparktalon
[2021/12/04 10:53] Celtic Infinity: Huggles! 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:53] Peaches2U Camino: snortsgiggles
[2021/12/04 10:53] Ohora Sessa (cathy.jackson): Okay if we are done here anyone who wants can follow me to my island
[2021/12/04 10:53] Peaches2U Camino: good one Bernice
[2021/12/04 10:54] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): oh if I scratch it it’ll be n o i s y =^-^=
[2021/12/04 10:54] Celtic Infinity: I’m sorry I need to dash. Lusa em! 🙂
[2021/12/04 10:54] Peaches2U Camino: raises a fin, i wanna go pklease
[2021/12/04 10:54] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) hifins Bernice
[2021/12/04 10:54] Bernice Galtier: ?
[2021/12/04 10:54] Celtic Infinity smiles and waves and vanishes into the deep
[2021/12/04 10:54] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tc Celtic

SWF Gathering 12 Nov 2021

[10:02] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies I think might be a somewhat quiet week, holidays and stuff
[10:02] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Tala Jewel
[10:02] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): so… let’s get this party started! =^-^=
[10:02] drákos (kraken.darkheart): ¨‘°ºO Tala Oº°‘¨ Jewel
[10:03] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[10:03] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Welcome to Safe Waters Foundation’s weekly aquatic gathering! I’m Fina, one of SWF’s resident mercats (no, I’m not the only one) and I’ve been asked to stand in to lead today. =^-^=
[10:03] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Applause!!
[10:03] JewelMermaid: yay fina
[10:03] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): We have a new format (which is not really that new anymore, LOL =^-^=) so – without further ado,
[10:03] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Welcome new and old (and ancient) aquatics and friends!
[10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,_,.-:'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ~YAY!!! \ (@o@)/ / YAY!!!~
[10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[10:04] drákos (kraken.darkheart): feels really old and ancient lol
[10:04] Bernice Galtier: I never admit to being ancient
[10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I kinda am too… but I’m cute! =^-^=
[10:04] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Safe Waters Foundation (SWF) is a not-for-profit group for merfolk and aquatics of SecondLife. We bring together designers, retailers, sim owners and managers, as well as merrow, mermen, mermaids, siren, aquatics and lovers of the same. (Including those perverted pirates – we’re all-inclusive! =^-^=)
[10:04] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Justified and Ancient
[10:05] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): 🙂
[10:05] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Unfortunately, we don’t have time to repeat for those who arrive late and/or depart early, but that’s okay, we post a meeting log on our website later – that would be http://www.safewatersfoundation.com – remember, our motto is Mer helping aquatics be dragons! Oh wait…
[10:05] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): haha!
[10:05] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) shuffles her script and looks confused
[10:05] drákos (kraken.darkheart): you want me to be a Dragon?
[10:06] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): nuuuu dragons are less nummy than squids
[10:06] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): but be whatever you want! =^-^=
[10:06] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): (Munin hasn’t been around, so)
[10:06] drákos (kraken.darkheart): lol
[10:06] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): De-lagging: Because we usually have good attendance, it would be ace if you could remove extra attachments and HUDs, such as big poofy hair with resizers still in them, scripted weapons, bitcoin miners, griefer HUDs, bling jewellery from 2009 etc…
[10:06] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) unequips her spellfire turkey thrower
[10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): For best results, if you are sitting on one of the single shell seats, it is recommended to select the ‘Up ‘n over’ animation. This has been scientifically proven to reduce lag!
[10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I think
[10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): So without further ado, let’s do everyone’s favorite part of the meeting!
[10:07] Bernice Galtier: If I sit “up and over” my turban will fall off
[10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) shouts: HOW WAS YOUR WEEK, SEAFOLK?????
[10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) points the talking stick at the audience like a microphone =^-^=
[10:07] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): It went swimmingly
[10:07] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Very busy
[10:07] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): da dum tsh
[10:07] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): aww
[10:08] drákos (kraken.darkheart): but good
[10:08] Cam De Vil (princecameron): Good thanks Fina, and yours?
[10:08] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving weekend
[10:08] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): we don’t celebrate thanksgiving here. sadface
[10:08] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) wants green bean casserole
[10:09] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Our priority today is SUPPORT – mers helping aquatics – dragons helping pirates.
[10:09] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) looks at her script and frowns
[10:09] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Today’s meeting agenda will be as usual:
[10:09] Bernice Galtier: Mers helping themselves to pirates
[10:09] drákos (kraken.darkheart): I think Munin has played with that scriot
[10:09] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): 1) Opening of meeting (done)

2) Introduction of new folks who wish to be introduced

3) Sharing of questions and support requests

4) Sharing of public service announcements

5) Closing and reminder of SWF goals
[10:09] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I shall have a word with him when I next see him =^-^=
[10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): We have an invisible, imaginary talking stick which we roleplay with for parts 3 and 4 of the meeting. For those, IM me – at any time, even before the section is announced is okay – and I will set you up in the order of speakers.
[10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): INTRODUCTIONS

Do we have any new merfolk? If you are new, say hi! No need for IMs or speakers order, just a few words will do. We’re interested to know maybe how you found SWF? Is there anything you love about being aquatic? What’s your favorite food – mine’s shrimpie snacks btw, and Antiquity’s kelp cakes are also bomb! Oh wait… I digress =^-^=
[10:10] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Sparktalon! =^-^=
[10:10] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Tala Sparktalon
[10:11] Sparktalon: Good morning!
[10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if you wants, you can come up to the scratching post – uh I mean podium
[10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): or just right-click sit on it
[10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if not, just staying in your seat is fine too =^-^=
[10:11] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): If any of you have brought a guest with you today, yay! You can also introduce them, if they’re okay with it. If you’re shy and don’t prefer the spotlight, that’s okay too. Some of us prefer to just come and chill out in the company of their fellow aquatics… =^-^=
[10:12] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) chills
[10:12] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) scratches the podium a bit =^-^=
[10:12] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): welp if not, let’s go to Q&A!
[10:12] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT REQUESTS

This next part is for questions and support requests, such as general questions. (How do merfolk make babies? Any RP sims for merfolk? How do I get my pirate lover to like kelp?) If you have a question you wish to share, IM me, and I will pass you the talking stick when it is your turn!
[10:13] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): The person who holds the talking stick is vested the power to speak, and all shall listen attentively. =^-^= Those who have more knowledge or experience are welcome to contribute. Unfortunately our meeting time is not unlimited – while discussion is great, I’ll nudge the meeting along if needed.
[10:13] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) loses her script and looks for it
[10:13] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): You may swim up to the scratching post – I mean podium – or just right click and sit on it. If you want to stay in your seat, that’s perfectly fine as well!
[10:14] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): scratch scratch
[10:14] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): I have a question
[10:14] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[10:14] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) shouts: SEBBY HAS A QUESTION
[10:14] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Where did all the Shrimp go?
[10:15] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Burp!
[10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ut ohs 0.0
[10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Nuuuuuuu!
[10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): yew didn’t leave any for us
[10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Persi =^-^=
[10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): we’re at the questions segment now
[10:15] Persi (persiphone.karu): tala
[10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): shoulda leave some for leftovers
[10:15] drákos (kraken.darkheart): more will come
[10:15] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): 80% of mers agree that the Thanksgiving feast is better the next day!
[10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies
[10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): do make yourself comfy Persi =^-^=
[10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): we’re about to move on to PSA’s, if no one has any questions
[10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): no one else*
[10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) flips her skrrept
[10:16] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): skreept*
[10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

This section is for anyone with publicity, or anything fun to share! New store? New sim? Upcoming event? News? Shrimpie recipes? IM me and I will give you the talking stick!
[10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): For the best and smoothest meeting, keep the announcement brief if possible. If you have a notecard, landmark etc ready to share, even better – you can offer to give them out to any interested parties who IM you, for example.
[10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): without further ado… our first speaker is…
[10:17] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Jewel!!!!!
[10:18] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) floats the talking stick to Jewel like a torpedo
[10:18] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) claps for Jewel
[10:18] JewelMermaid: Tala everyone, I am one of the concierge leaders, and we are always looking for new mers to be concierges. we need concierges to greet newcomers and newbies here at SWF HQ,

Its a good way to meet newbies, and hang out with other mers and seafolk, we also work at various events throughout the calendar. If you are interested in joining please IM me.

thanks
[10:18] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,,.-:’'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[10:18] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ???? APPAWS! ????
[10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): short and sweet announcement by Jewel
[10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): SWF could always use concierges and officers!
[10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): second up… Drakos has something for us!
[10:19] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): You were Speedy Jewel, have you been eating special Kelp?
[10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) holds out the talking stick to Drakos
[10:19] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Thank you Fina
[10:19] JewelMermaid: lol
[10:19] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) applauds Drakos
[10:19] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) paws at drakos’s tentacles =^-^=
[10:20] Second Life: Welcome to the Chat Pavilion board owned by SWFBuilder Wizardly gave you ‘Regular Repeating Aquatic Gatherings at SWF’ ( Union Passage (83,231,0) ).
[10:20] drákos (kraken.darkheart): We are creating a central Landing hub for all things Aquatics at Fanci Deep SW (201,215,3)
[10:20] drákos (kraken.darkheart): This will have teleportation gates to all the aquatics Hangouts that have been registered with SWF. We may be limited to 24 entries initially but if this becomes successful, then we may expand this to more parcels.
[10:20] drákos (kraken.darkheart): This landing hub will also feature skills advertisement for our merfolk like Tail Makers/ Mesh makers/Sim Builders/ Texture builders/ Script writers etc. You must have done some aquatic work to be advertised here and must be a part of SWF and or other Aquatic groups. I am proposing having the same on the SWF website too.
[10:20] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[10:20] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Open to more ideas around this to make it a central hub for people to travel to various sims.
[10:21] JewelMermaid: can i say something?
[10:21] drákos (kraken.darkheart): The Haven group of Sims and the RP sims we have underway will also have direct two way entry to and from this Hub like Stargate.
[10:21] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Sure Jewel
[10:21] JewelMermaid: it sounds complicated
[10:21] JewelMermaid: and not newbie friendly
[10:21] drákos (kraken.darkheart): its got nothing to do with Newbies. Newbies already have SWF to help them
[10:22] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mebbes this is more for experienced mer
[10:22] JewelMermaid: but you said it was for all things aquatic
[10:22] JewelMermaid: but its not swf??
[10:22] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Yes. this is promoting everything that anyone is doing for Merfolk and aquatics world
[10:22] drákos (kraken.darkheart): including SWF
[10:23] drákos (kraken.darkheart): but I am not catering this to help newbies out. They will be directed to SWF
[10:23] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I think there’s no harm having it around… mewbies can explore it when they’re confident enough
[10:23] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): after they figure out how to wear their tails
[10:23] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): thats a cool idea Drakos, to try to create a hub linking the different spaces
[10:23] JewelMermaid: ok
[10:23] drákos (kraken.darkheart): We are severly seggragated and separated
[10:23] drákos (kraken.darkheart): I want to unite us all
[10:23] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,,.-:
'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[10:24] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): hangout portals sounds pretty col
[10:24] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): cool
[10:24] drákos (kraken.darkheart): more to come though. that was first announcement
[10:24] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Announcement 2:
Haven of Mermaids is now expanded to 4 sims (3 full regions and 1 Homestead). We are dedicating 1 Homestead sim for Merfolk who have plans and ideas to help expand the merfolk community.. eg. Creating pods/groups of mermaids, creating a hangout for mermaids, Creating any RP ideas or concepts.

At the moment I have 4 x 1/4 Homestead parcels (1 has already been taken so 3 remaining) and these will be available to people who have great ideas for the benefit of Merfolk FoC for upto 2 months to help you kickstart whatever project you have in mind. 2 Months Free period can be extended if needed after which, someone else will be given this opportunity.
[10:25] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): I thought Haven had closed?
[10:25] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Far from it. It is being redone
[10:25] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[10:25] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I had heard that it was closing
[10:25] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): great mews that it isn’t!
[10:25] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): yes
[10:25] drákos (kraken.darkheart): nopes. it is now have to 4 sims
[10:25] drákos (kraken.darkheart): probably even 5 or 6
[10:26] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Ooh…
[10:26] drákos (kraken.darkheart): though it is currently under severe demolition
[10:26] drákos (kraken.darkheart): so not worth visiting at the moment
[10:26] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): work in progress =^-^=
[10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) pictures Drakos in dragon form knocking stuff down
[10:27] drákos (kraken.darkheart): but we are offering free parcels and space for anyone who wants to start something innovative 😉
[10:27] Persi (persiphone.karu): taht is really good news
[10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,,.-:’'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[10:27] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ? Thank Youuuuuuuuuu!! ?
[10:28] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): that’s fun and exciting news, for any mer who wants the opportunity!
[10:28] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Announcement 3:
Hiroko is setting up a Mer Belly dance place so is looking to recruit Belly dancers and Mermaid pole dancers for an underwater club/hangout place she has had in mind for a while. So if you know anyone who wants to Belly Dance.. please ping Hiroko. She could not be here at the moment.
[10:28] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) thinks fina should start a Mercattery XD
[10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ah…
[10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): cats generally has good memories but
[10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): it’s Hiroko Nubalo right
[10:29] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Yes
[10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): :-.,,.-:
'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'‘*
[10:29] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Hiroko Nubalo
[10:29] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Hands over the talking fish to Fina
[10:29] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ? Thank Youuuuuuuuuu!! ?
[10:30] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Applause!!
[10:30] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): thankies Drakos for the wonderful mews
[10:30] Persi (persiphone.karu): love the idea drakos
[10:30] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): 3rd to the scratching post we have…. Sebby!
[10:30] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) launches the talking stick at Sebby like a javelin
[10:30] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): OUCH
[10:30] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Fina!
[10:30] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): oops
[10:31] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): sowwies! =^-^=
[10:31] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Tala everyone, I have a couple of things to say also!
[10:31] drákos (kraken.darkheart): ¨‘°ºO Tala Oº°‘¨ Moon
[10:31] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Moon =^-^=
[10:31] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): saw your announcement in group chat
[10:31] MoonRiver Darcy: tala all, so sorry to be late 🙂
[10:32] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): I firstly wanted to say, kinda building on what Drakos is doing, that if anyone knows of any new or found underwater or aquatic regions please let me know as I am looking for new places to explore
[10:32] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): not at all, glad you could join us!
[10:32] MoonRiver Darcy: Fina, thank you 🙂
[10:32] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if you has an announcement, IM me =^-^=
[10:32] MoonRiver Darcy: Did I miss much?
[10:33] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): had a few announcements before, but I’ll gather up the chat into a NC if you want
[10:33] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): from Jewel and Drakos
[10:33] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Secondly and you probably all know of these already but there are some Aquatic related Black Friday sales happening this weekend, I know Misteria is definitely on sale at the moment
[10:33] Persi (persiphone.karu): WHAT?? sales???
[10:33] MoonRiver Darcy: Thank you so much Fina
[10:33] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): yuuuuuuuus!
[10:33] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): but might be cool if you are looking for something new at a discount price
[10:33] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): sales!!
[10:33] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): I know we all love a bargain
[10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I think someone mentioned Antaya yesterday
[10:34] Persi (persiphone.karu): yes i put that out yesterday
[10:34] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): I have seen a couple around in passing chats, but I know how time passes and before we know it they are over which is why I thought to mention it
[10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): oo it was you
[10:34] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ? Thank Youuuuuuuuuu!! ?
[10:35] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): and thirdly and I kind of involve Fina in this one but we would love you to join us at Creations Park on Tuesdays for our best in mer contest at 12pm
[10:36] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): We have piano, a live singer, and trivia (provided by Fina) as well as the contest which is a lot of fun, I know a few of you already come but if anyone doesnt know about it and would like some more information please send me an IM
[10:36] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ~YAY!!! \ (@o@)/ / YAY!!!~
[10:36] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ***Woot Woot ***
[10:36] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Is there anything I forgot Fina?
[10:36] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): IM 4 LM!
[10:36] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): uh yus! hang on
[10:37] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) hangs
[10:37] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Creations Park is partnered with Team Fox (the Michael J Fox Foundation), and all donations go towards research for Parkinson’s Disease.
[10:37] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Oh yes!
[10:37] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): our hosts and performers all do not have personal tip jars!
[10:38] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): so come and win some lindens against SWF’s resident Trivia Cat, and maybe Best Costume too!
[10:38] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): This coming Tuesday’s theme is “Characters from Literature”. If you are free then, hope to see you there! LMs available for any interested on request (IM me)! =^-^=
[10:38] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): you learn some interesting stuff too
[10:38] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) passes the stick back to Fina ”gently”
[10:38] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) takes the stick carefully =^-^=
[10:39] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): thankies Sebby =^-^= does anyone else have any announcements? if not, I have a few of the routine ones
[10:39] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) scratches the podium for a bit while waiting =^-^=
[10:39] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): BEFORE the routine announcements, however
[10:40] drákos (kraken.darkheart): I dont think that podium is going to last that long with so much scratching @ FINA
[10:40] Bernice Galtier: It’ll last about as long as the talking stick
[10:40] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): shout out to our very own MoonRiver Darcy, who is having a Black Friday sale @ Second Moon at Fanci’s Deep
[10:40] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): woo
[10:40] MoonRiver Darcy smiles and waves
[10:41] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): 30% off storewide! She sent out an announcement in group chat earlier, so if you are in the mood for some shopping, grab the announcement for more details!
[10:41] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): and now for the boring – I mean, routine ones
[10:41] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ANNOUNCEMENTS

Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board.

Perks include helping the group and being allowed to post ads in the group twice a day. Add in the fact that anyone can ask for the stick and that is great exposure.
[10:42] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): You might also consider being a hang out. Munin and Vokun are two of the best hang outs in SWF.
[10:42] drákos (kraken.darkheart): no they not
[10:42] drákos (kraken.darkheart): they are usually hungover
[10:42] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): aww
[10:42] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): HeHeHeHeHeHe
[10:42] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): good one =^-^=
[10:42] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Please also check our mer-mall just past the headquarters – store space available and lots of great things.
[10:43] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): such as Moon’s store having a sale =^-^=
[10:43] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Last but NOT least, be sure to visit the Safe Waters Foundation web site and event calendar at http://www.safewatersfoundation.com
[10:44] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): our new web-mer-stress Dana’s been hard at work keeping it running smooth as a nut!
[10:44] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if no one has any other business… shall we end early and have more general chaos?
[10:45] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): scratch scratch
[10:45] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies =^-^=
[10:45] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): This meeting is now adjourned. Remember our SWF goals:

  • to assist those considering an underwater life
  • to increase awareness in the general public that there is an underwater option
  • to make mer resources (events, projects, groups, retailers, sims, designers) visible and easily accessible
  • to assist, as possible, with the viability of mer resources so they may continue to be available to the community
  • to promote the conservation of rl oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them
    [10:45] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) thinks about getting Fina declawed for the sake of the posium
    [10:45] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): Nuuuuuuu!
    [10:45] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): mumblegrumble
    [10:45] drákos (kraken.darkheart): Thank you Fina 🙂
    [10:46] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): nu declaws
    [10:46] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): declawing es inhumane
    [10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): hope everymer has a fun weekend and snag many Black Friday deals!
    [10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): both in RL and SL
    [10:47] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): Talla all! XD
    [10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): tala Benjamin =^-^=
    [10:47] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): Sorry i am so late
    [10:47] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) applauds Fina
    [10:47] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Applause!!
    [10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): we kiiiiiiiinda just ended
    [10:47] Sparktalon: Take care, and have a great weekend, everybody
    [10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): did you has an announcement?
    [10:47] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): oh no
    [10:47] MoonRiver Darcy claps her hands
    [10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if you do, you can quickly say it
    [10:47] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): before everyone leaves
    [10:48] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) bites tails to stop mers from leaving
    [10:48] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): =^-^=
    [10:48] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): if not, then we’ll adjourn
    [10:49] JewelMermaid: well done fina
    [10:49] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi) nibbles Benjamin’s tail =^-^=
    [10:49] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): ? Thank Youuuuuuuuuu!! ?
    [10:49] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): giggles
    [10:50] Sparktalon applauds for Fina
    [10:50] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): I’ll assume you has no announcement then, Benjamin =^-^=
    [10:50] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): no
    [10:50] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): except Saaarry for being late
    [10:50] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): okies then we is adjourned!
    [10:50] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): O.o
    [10:50] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): happy shopping and all that
    [10:50] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): IM me if you wants an unofficial copy of the meeting =^-^=
    [10:51] Cam De Vil (princecameron): Ok I have to be heading off, bye everyone
    [10:51] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): persu em Cam =^-^=
    [10:51] ???????? (benjaminbuttonss): Lusa Em!
    [10:51] Bernice Galtier: /lus everyone
    [10:51] Bernice Galtier: ?.•:*.. *:•.? Lusa Em everyone
    [10:51] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): oops
    [10:51] Bernice Galtier: Sheesh
    [10:51] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): lusa em is right
    [10:51] F??? ?? (sapphira.franizzi): HeHeHeHeHeHe
    [10:52] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille) smiles
    [10:52] Sebastian Seagrove (lobsterquadrille): Lusa Em
    [10:53] Paergence (fyre.alchemi): lusa em 😀

SWF Gathering 26 Feb 2022

[10:01] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome to Safe Waters Foundation weekly aquatic support gathering. My name is Miranda. I will be leading today’s meeting.
[10:01] Celtic Infinity: It’s been like this for at least a week.
[10:01] Celtic Infinity cheers for Miranda ???
[10:02] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome new and old aquatics and friends!
[10:02] Miranda Barrowstone: Safe waters foundation (SWF) is a not-for-profit group supporting the development of harmony and safety for merfolk and aquatics of second life, we bring together designers, retailers, sims, merrow, mermen, mermaids, siren, aquatics and lovers of same.
[10:02] Miranda Barrowstone: People seem to arrive late and depart early. Please don’t be offended but as leader I will try to keep the meeting going. We don’t repeat things for latecomers – a log is posted on our blog after the meeting. This is not a place for public debate – this is a helpful place. we all help each other slive an aquatic lifestyle.
[10:03] Miranda Barrowstone: Because we usually have good attendance – please take a moment to remove all extra attachments and huds. We’d like you to dress low lag. Big poofy hair and jewelry are big culprits, as are bubbles, script things, huds, and such. If we all cooperate, more merfolk can participate with less crashing. Thank you for your help with this.
[10:03] Miranda Barrowstone: so how was yer week seafolk?
[10:04] Dana Enyo: AMAZING
[10:04] Miranda Barrowstone: nice
[10:05] Celtic Infinity: It was good, thanks! How was yours, Miranda?
[10:05] Miranda Barrowstone: uneventful
[10:05] Dana Enyo: I made a little mer dance video and threw it up on Flickr. It’s had 185 views, about triple anything else I’ve ever put there. “Dream MerDance at Safe Waters Foundation”
[10:05] Miranda Barrowstone: thats awesome
[10:06] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Munin 🙂
[10:06] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): rawr
[10:06] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): le mlem bro
[10:06] Miranda Barrowstone: Tala Mu
[10:06] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala Munin 🙂
[10:07] GenevieveElizabeth Resident: Tala
[10:07] Miranda Barrowstone: Our priority today is support -we’re here to help each other.
[10:07] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala Eliza 🙂
[10:07] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Genevieve 🙂
[10:07] GenevieveElizabeth Resident: :):)
[10:08] Miranda Barrowstone: okay so the order is my introduction-done, introduce the new folks, sharing questions, ideas, and support to help each other-ie; tails, hair, bodies, AOs, requests, etc, PSAs and promotion of events, sales or what ever else needs to be shared, then I close us out with our goals, maybe a group hug and picture.
[10:08] Miranda Barrowstone: so here we go ?
[10:08] Miranda Barrowstone: Introductions
If you have brought someone new to this gathering, please introduce them now. If you are new and wish to introduce yourself please do so now.
just click on the podium to sit on it. you’ll need to be up here for everyone to hear you.
[10:08] [V/W] Treasure Chest: Thanks GenevieveElizabeth Resident, for your donation
[10:09] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle) blinks, “no stick!?” start to blubber
[10:09] Miranda Barrowstone: A very short sentence is all that is needed – for example: hi, I am (your name) and I discovered aquatics (brief description of how you found us) and what I love about being aquatic is (explain here).
[10:09] Miranda Barrowstone hands Mu a 4 foot long chewie
[10:10] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): rawrs!
[10:10] Marion698 Resident: tala munin:)
[10:10] Miranda Barrowstone: any one new? looks around
[10:10] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): im ooold
[10:11] Miranda Barrowstone: okay just haven’t seen you in a while then
[10:11] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): nope indeed
[10:11] Miranda Barrowstone: alrighty then.
[10:11] Miranda Barrowstone: Let’s move on to next part of this meeting.
[10:12] Miranda Barrowstone: Questions and support requests
Now – what general questions can we discuss here today? Where do our aquatics need help? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[10:12] Miranda Barrowstone: When you are called on (and given our invisible talking stick) please swim up to this podium (so people can see you to im if needed) and share (very briefly and preferable in two or three sentences typed in advance as our meeting time is limited)
[10:13] Miranda Barrowstone: If you would like to ask question or put forth support ideas – please im me now.
[10:13] Miranda Barrowstone: Some discussion is great – but please quickly offer to give a notecard or landmark if people will im you (that’s why we ask you to move to the podium ) so that others will have a turn. When you have finished please pass the imaginary talking stick back to me.
[10:14] Miranda Barrowstone: Our priority here is helping newer mers and aquatics – so please if you are new and with questions – please feel free to speak up. I do lead strongly because otherwise we tend to move to chaos – but we all try to remember the priority – mer helping mer be mer.
[10:14] Miranda Barrowstone: anything? ideas to discuss?
[10:15] Miranda Barrowstone: if not we can move on to psa and promotions…
[10:15] Gabrielle de Lys (malagabi Resident) is online.
[10:15] Miranda Barrowstone: quick reminder
[10:15] Miranda Barrowstone: Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board.
[10:16] Miranda Barrowstone: Perks include helping the group and being allowed to post ads in the group twice a day. Add in the fact that anyone can ask for the stick and that is great exposure.
[10:16] Miranda Barrowstone: You might also consider being a hang out.
[10:16] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): Sis is large enough to be a hangout. . .
[10:17] Miranda Barrowstone: Please also check our mer-mall just past the headquarters. space available and lots of great things.
[10:17] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): xD
[10:17] Jamarion (JM Lavendel) is online.
[10:17] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): bro always hangs out on me
[10:17] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Hiroko! Goodness, you look amazing!!!
[10:17] Miranda Barrowstone: Be sure to visit the safe waters foundation web site and event calendar at http://www.safewatersfoundation.com/#home
[10:17] Hiroko Nubalo: Everyone
[10:17] Hiroko Nubalo Greets you
[10:17] Hiroko Nubalo: >><>TalaOo
[10:17] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala Hiroko
[10:17] Miranda Barrowstone: tala welcome
[10:18] Miranda Barrowstone: so withut further ado, Jewel the stick is yours
[10:18] Marion698 Resident: tala hiroko:)
[10:18] Celtic Infinity claps for Jewel
[10:18] Marion698 Resident: claps for Jewel too
[10:18] JewelMermaid Resident: Tala everyone, I am one of the concierge leaders, and we are always looking for new mers to be concierges. we need concierges to greet newcomers and newbies here at SWF HQ,

Its a good way to meet newbies, and hang out with other mers and seafolk, we also work at various events throughout the calendar. If you are interested in joining please IM me.

There will be a concierge meeting tomorrow at 10am here. I hope some of you can attend to find out more.

thanks everyone
[10:19] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you. any questions for Jewel?
[10:20] Miranda Barrowstone: if not, Tama yer up
[10:20] Celtic Infinity claps for Tama
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Tala everyone, i’m Tamar i’m a mermaid from long time
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): i’m a slo an SL sailor
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): do some siling races sometime
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): would like everyone share a nice new mermaid bra in found on MP
[10:21] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): some regions are not moderate, so often we need to wear a bra
[10:22] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): i found, past days, this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PFCSirens-bra/11471844
[10:22] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): i’m wearing a copy now
[10:22] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): hope it can be usefull for everyone for the mer outfit
[10:23] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): and sorry for my english, it is not my language 🙂
[10:23] Celtic Infinity: Thank you, Tama!
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone claps
[10:23] Celtic Infinity: You’re doing great, Tama! 🙂
[10:23] Dana Enyo: TY Tama!
[10:23] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): 🙂
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone: ~Persu Em~
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone: Thank you
[10:23] Miranda Barrowstone: Tama
[10:23] Marion698 Resident: claps
[10:24] Miranda Barrowstone: would anyon else like to share?
[10:25] Miranda Barrowstone: ok I’ll take that as a no…
[10:25] Miranda Barrowstone: Tala I’m Miranda and I come from Antiquity.
we have 16 sims to swim through, homes available, shopping spaces, mer spots, and active groups.
[10:25] Miranda Barrowstone: We are inclusive, furries, humans, kids etc are welcome with open arms, we allow for merfolk toplessness underwater,
[10:26] Celtic Infinity cheers for Miranda
[10:26] Miranda Barrowstone: but we’re careful around humans because I’ve seen people faint at the sight of an ankle, which we established is around the fluke. yes humans are weird
[10:26] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): cheers 🙂
[10:26] Miranda Barrowstone: we have a system called TCS. its a craft/trade/rp system that allows you to trade goods with other mers or landers. You can harvest and create things.
[10:26] Miranda Barrowstone: still looking for mer animatrs
[10:27] Miranda Barrowstone: so if you know anyone, have questions, or need lms please shoot me an im. Persu em ?
[10:28] Celtic Infinity: mermanimators
[10:28] Celtic Infinity: mernimators
[10:28] Miranda Barrowstone: we have time would anyone like to engage in mild chaos?
[10:28] Dana Enyo: Sure! Like what?
[10:28] Miranda Barrowstone: anyone have plans for this week?
[10:29] Dana Enyo: It’s the kickoff week of Relay for Life. Started 30 minutes ago!
[10:29] Miranda Barrowstone: ooh right.
[10:30] Dana Enyo: and if you’re not sure what a big deal that is, last year RfL in SL raised US$416,000.
[10:30] Miranda Barrowstone: I donated a bed to that once on my fairy alt
[10:30] Dana Enyo: LOTS going on from now until Relay weekend June 18-19
[10:30] Hiroko Nubalo: Applause!!!
[10:30] Miranda Barrowstone: fantasy fair is a big thing
[10:30] Dana Enyo: Great! I have some donated items in the Fashion Fair that begins in 90 minutes. It’s all legged, tho.
[10:31] Dana Enyo: This is FASHION Fair. Way smaller than Fantasy Fair, which is among the biggest donor events for RfL.
[10:32] Miranda Barrowstone: a lot of sims have a story going on and at least one that I know of incorprates a super drive in the climax of the story
[10:32] Dana Enyo: A 2 week sale event run by the Seekers of Hope team.
[10:32] Dana Enyo: That’s great, Miranda.
[10:32] Miranda Barrowstone: I wonder wgat the story will be this year
[10:33] Hiroko Nubalo: Question?
[10:33] Tamarushka (Tamara Czervik): Lusa Em everyone, my two rl men (little and adult one) need my presence 🙂 . See you next meeting 🙂
[10:33] Miranda Barrowstone: pretty sure swf would be doing something for it. normally do but I’m not in charge of that.
[10:33] Dana Enyo: Bye Tama!
[10:33] Celtic Infinity: Lusa em!
[10:34] Bernice Galtier: ?.•:…Lusa em…:•.?
[10:34] Miranda Barrowstone: lusa em thanks for comming
[10:34] Hiroko Nubalo: Raises her fin…Dana?
[10:34] Dana Enyo: Yes?
[10:35] Hiroko Nubalo: Does RFL, or the seeker of Hope distribute donation boxes around SL?..i would like one at my Submerged Gallery, and maybe other sea sims would too?
[10:36] Miranda Barrowstone: thats lovely
[10:36] Dana Enyo: I don’t know how all that works yet. it would not come directly from RfL; everything gets done by teams.
[10:36] Dana Enyo: I can ask our team leader if I can place a kiosk in your gallery.
[10:36] Hiroko Nubalo: Terrif!!!…keep me posted…:)
[10:37] Dana Enyo: I”ll be putting either donation kiosks or “100% donated to RFL” vendors them in my shops.
[10:37] Dana Enyo: and I’ll have at least one “all proceeds to RfL” week in my Marketplace.
[10:38] Dana Enyo: Lost family to cancer years ago; have friends dealing with it now. I”m motivated.
[10:38] Miranda Barrowstone: oh thats awesome
[10:38] Miranda Barrowstone: thats sad
[10:38] Celtic Infinity: 🙁
[10:39] Dana Enyo: “Until there’s a cure, we Relay.”
[10:39] Miranda Barrowstone: sorry for your lss
[10:39] Miranda Barrowstone: loss*
[10:39] Hiroko Nubalo: yes, sry for loss
[10:39] Hiroko Nubalo: Miranda?…didnt SWF hold an RFL event last summer, and SLCL cosponsor?..maybe we can do it again?
[10:39] Miranda Barrowstone: so this is a god share. a nice discussion on RFL
[10:39] Dana Enyo: TY. It’s a long time; not to worry. But let’s make some money and beat this thing.
[10:40] Miranda Barrowstone: I believe we do but I’m not in charge of it
[10:40] Dana Enyo: SWF is not on the list for this year, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be.
[10:40] Miranda Barrowstone: Chicky would probably be the bestr person to ask.
[10:40] Dana Enyo: All info is HERE: https://secure.acsevents.org/site/STR?pg=entry&fr_id=101748
[10:41] JewelMermaid Resident: i have an LM for a place with free whale jewelry if anyone wants it
[10:41] Miranda Barrowstone: I’ll send it to Chicky
[10:41] JewelMermaid Resident: it has lots of jewelry, also narwhal jewelry
[10:41] Mun?n ß?a??e? (Darm Yaffle): Lusa Em all
[10:41] Miranda Barrowstone: lusa em Mu
[10:41] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): lusa em 🙂
[10:41] Hiroko Nubalo: LUVS whales…our protectors!!
[10:42] ?o?a ß?a??e? (Aurora Jarvinen): miranda persu em for leading
[10:43] PegasusTony (AntonioMFNab Resident): Tala everybody
[10:43] Celtic Infinity: Tala, Tony 🙂
[10:43] Miranda Barrowstone: ok sent ?
[10:43] Miranda Barrowstone: tala
[10:44] Miranda Barrowstone: okay how about we adjorn?
[10:44] Marion698 Resident: yep
[10:45] Miranda Barrowstone: At end

This meeting is now adjourned. Remember our SWF goals:

  • to assist those considering an underwater life
  • to increase awareness in the general public that there is an underwater option
  • to make mer resources (events, projects, groups, retailers, sims, designers) visible and easily accessible
  • to assist, as possible, with the viability of mer resources so they may continue to be available to the community
  • to promote the conservation of rl oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them

Now go mingle and explore! Thanks for joining us this day!!