Thank you for visiting the Safe Waters Foundation in Second Life! More than ten years of
Mers helping Mers be Mer
Safe Waters Foundation (SWF) is a diverse group that supports the promotion and development of all underwater life in Second Life. We promote designers, retailers, events, and venues that enrich the lives of all who dwell in the ocean depths.
We host a weekly information and support group meeting every Saturday at 10am SLT at our headquarters.
- To assist those considering a life underwater.
- To increase awareness in the general public that life underwater is an option.
- To make underwater resources in SL (events, projects, role-play, groups, retailers, venues, designers) visible and easily accessible
- To promote the conservation of RL oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them
Our Website has been through a complete rebuild. Use the links on each page to swim through the reefs and grottoes of our site!
- Our Calendar gives you information and SLurls to events all over the wet parts of our world.
- The Our Team page has the names and photos of the mers who work to keep SWF alive and well.
- Hangouts is the biggest list anywhere of fun places to go in the seas of Second Life!
- The Partners page has the information on this new (2022) way that aquatic-oriented businesses can support SWF and receive unique promotional benefits.
- Read our Charter for all the details on how SWF operates as an organization.
- On the History page, click to view a one-hour 2014 documentary about SWF and our home in Fanci’s Deep.
- Click Meetings to view the unedited transcript of recent SWF weekly Saturday gatherings.
Are there other things you would like to see? Send an inworld IM to Webmerstress Dana Enyo!